- Shipping & Delivery
- Ordering and Backorders
- Return Policy
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Privacy & Security
- Shipping & Delivery
- FREE SHIPPING PROMOTION
- We run promotions for free shipping on Charlotte and Ivy items for customers located inside the 48 states. Note: Customers are always responsible for paying any return shipping costs of the item back to the orginal warehouse as well as any restocking fees. Large furniture items that are being offered promotional free shipping offer are for curbside or threshold delivery. If any customer wishes to have the furniture brought into their home, up stairs, assembled and packaging removed there is a white glove surcharge. For an additional charge shippers can unpack and bring your item to the room of your choice. In some cases they can also assembly services. These "white-glove" services are available for most locations for an extra shipping surcharge of usually $95-$175 depending on location and services required. Free shipping is not available outside the 48 states so please email us for rates.
- Charlotte & Ivy highly recommends adding white glove delivery services for chests, beds and bulky or heavy items.
STANDARD SHIPPING RATES
- When free shipping option is not available we currently have a 15% shipping rate for all purchases in our catalog for the main 48 states. Sometimes promotional free shipping is offered on certain catalog items. Please note: Large freight may incur additional truck surcharges: please see the item description. Additionally, add-on services for WHITE GLOVE delivery or see below for Canadian or non-continental US orders. If you have an extra-large furniture order please contact us about researching possible discounts.
- FREIGHT SHIPMENTS
- Many pieces of large furniture ship directly from the manufacturer by common carrier freight companies. Most free shipped basic freight shipments will arrive to your home curbside only. In rare cases we provide "threshold delivery" which is delivered directly to the inside of your doorway. Curbside and threshold deliveries do not include unpackaging, placement or assembly. If you wish to add on additional delivery services or direct placement in your home please contact us or add white glove directly here to your shopping cart.
- LEAD TIMES AND HANDLING TIME
- HANDLING, PRODUCTION and PACKING TIME
- Our handling times vary by product. Handling time is the time required for the warehouse to prepare your shipment for the shipper pickup. When we get your order we make sure our warehouses carefully packs and prepare your item for shipment. We work with many small artisans who produce specialty products. Most handling times vary between 4 days to 2 weeks for in-stock items to 6-14 weeks for the production and painting of custom furniture. We are working to add more individual information on the product detail page as each item. If it is not there always email us for more information. In the event of backordered stock see below. Note that the estimates are for the handling time before pickup and approximate shipping transit times should be added together to get an approximate lead time.
- SHIPPING TRANSIT TIME (ONCE IT LEAVES WAREHOUSE)
- Once your item is ready it will be shipped with the best carrier for the item and your location. Smaller products like rugs and lamps ship via Common carriers such as FedEx and UPS (or non-freight shipments). For these shipments please allow an additional 2-8 business days after shipping depending on your proximity to our various warehouse locations.
- Larger shipments ship via LTL freight carriers and blanket wrap carriers. The carrier we select varies by customer location and the type of furniture being shipped. Typically, please allow at least approx 2-3.5 weeks of transit time once your large furniture has been picked up for your large freight shipment to arrive to your home. This is in addition to any handling time as described above. All of our freight carriers will call to make appts for residential deliveries so nothing will happen by surprise. This estimate is in addition to the handling time before pickup that is noted in each product description. Shipping times vary greatly and can increase during holiday periods or during May and November after Furniture markets when furniture volume increases. Furniture traveling cross country or to less routed locations (Example: East coast to and from Seattle) please note that the expected freight time can be longer (very approx 3-4.5 weeks on average). Additionally, many custom and fine furniture pieces must be shipped with a blanket wrapped carrier to ensure their safe travel. All estimates are approximate. Blanket-wrap-only carriers also can have longer transit times than above.
- Charlotte & Ivy is very serious about smart furniture shipping, not fast shipping. We know it's hard to wait for your beautiful pieces but our number one goal is that everything arrives in the condition it left our warehouse so you can enjoy it right away. Charlotte & Ivy tries to keep customers in contact with the 3rd party delivery carriers directly so you can contact them. Some carriers have online tracking information too, but not all of them. We carefully vet and choose our furniture freight carriers for their track records for delivery service and care of your purchases above everything. Please note that our freight shippers are contractors and are not Charlotte & Ivy employees and all shipping times are approximate estimates since we can not gaurentee transit time or dates. If you would like extra help at delivery please add our white glove delivery option.
- If you have any questions or concerns about our shipping policies, please feel free to email or call us and speak with a design consultant prior to delivery. We love to help customers!
- FREIGHT DELIVERY APPOINTMENTS AND MISSED APPOINTMENT
- If a furniture freight carrier is used to ship your item, the carrier will contact you to schedule a delivery time for all residential deliveries so nothing will happen by surprise. Deliveries are typically scheduled within a four-hour window Monday through Friday during normal business hours. If you are unable to meet the delivery driver at your scheduled appointment time, call in advance to reschedule your delivery. Failure to meet the driver during your scheduled delivery window will result in a charge by the carrier of $50-$75. Please make us aware if you are shipping to a commerical address with set hours or to any address with complicated delivery issues so we can be sure to arrange that with the company.
- LOCATION EXCEPTIONS
- All shipments to Canada HI, AK, and PR and most island/ferry locations do not qualify for free shipping promotions and will incur additional shipping surcharges based on item size. Our online website checkout system does not estimate these charges to these places so please contact us directly for the total extra charges before ordering. We do work hard to find good rates for our customers. Please email us with items you plan to purchase and the zip code before ordering for this surcharge information. Customers from Canada are additionally responsible for all and any taxes or duties the Canadian government may impose on the goods in addition to any freight costs we pay. Many of our Candian orders enjoy the use of US mail receiving warehouses so they can save money with our free shipping to the 48 states.
- INTERNATIONAL AND OUTSIDE 48 STATES
- Canadian, non-continental US orders do not qualify for free shipping and are billed to customer at actual cost. These shipping surcharges are not refundable. If you are outside of the US we may be unable to arrange shipping for larger freight items. However, we are happy to ship to any international forwarder in the continental United States of your choice. Customer is always responsible for any international taxes and duties or customs broker fees collected on your purchase by the government or customs brokers. Sorry, all international and non-continental US shipments are not returnable regardless of the product.
- Ordering with Charlotte & Ivy
- Orders placed online will be processed with our warehouses in the order they come in. You should receive an order confirmtaion via email as soon as you successfully complete the checkout process. If you do not get an order confirmation please send us an email via the contact us page so we can help investigate. We will contact you if there are any concerns or stock issues on your order as quickly as we can (usually within 48 hours). When you place your order your total invoice charge will show up on your credit card in the "pending authorization" section. Once we have clear confirmation and your item is being packed and readied for pickup we will officially charge your payment card so we can make sure it will be cleared for pickup and we can start arranging the shipper pickups and/or pay our shippers to arrange the pickups.
- If you need to cancel an order please call or email immediately. We are not able process cancellations once the warehouse has begun the shipping and packing process has begun which is usually after 24-48 hours. These items will instead need to be returned.
Occasionally, Charlotte & Ivy products are so popular or new they are backordered. If you order a product that is not in stock our manufacturers and artisans will give us an expected delivery time to the warehouse. These dates can vary depending on each item. We will contact you with the expected delivery date and you can decide if you would like to keep your order. If the restocking date is set Charlotte & Ivy will deduct a specific deposit percentage from the total authorization while your item is in production. In some situations, the expected backorder delivery dates we receive from our artisans can change again or shipping to their warehouse can be delayed. Other times the restock date is still unknown. We know this issue can be frustrating for everyone! Sadly, most of the time Charlotte & Ivy has no control of these situations. However, we try to monitor incoming stock dates for customer backorders. If we discover an added delay on a backordered product, we will contact you to let you know so you can once again decide top keep or cancel your order. Deposits taken for backordered non-custom orders are always refundable prior to shipping and the collection of the final deposit. However, they help us hold your place in line. Deposits made for custom products are not refundable.
- Charlotte & Ivy's Return Policy
- Our return policy varies by item for all items shipped within the continental United States. Custom orders, very large or glass and freight damage please see below. Many items are not returnable so please take the time to read through the applicable return section or email us if you need help before ordering.
ITEMS THAT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RETURN
- All products described in the additional information tab or product description as "custom finished", "special order collection" are never eligible for return. Additionally, very large or fragile furniture in our catalog are not eligible for return. We do not accept returns for mirrored, partial glass or marble furniture and very large frieght items including sofas, large dining tables or shipments weighing more than 150lbs. The return logistics of these pieces is both complex and very risky so we do not allow returns. If you do not know that your item falls into this ineligable category please email or call us before ordering.
- Charlotte & Ivy proudly offers a number of made-to-order custom furnishings and products. Custom orders include but are not limited to: custom pillows, customized upholstery, custom finished sized or colored beds, tables, desk and other case-goods where the color or finish has customized for each customer. These items cannot be returned or exchanged. Since custom items can not be returned we encourage you to contact our design consultants about colors, swatches and options prior to ordering. We love helping people create dreamy custom pieces. Items that are "custom" are described as such in the product descriptions and or in the additional information tab on the product detail pages. Please read item descriptions to see if your purchase is in this category or labeled "special order" or "custom order".
- Our special order collection includes some non-custom furniture we source from luxury artisans where returns are not permitted by our suppliers. If you are confused about return eligibility of the product you are interested in please contact us prior to ordering.
- Lastly, any purchase that was delivered outside the 48 states it is not returnable.
ITEMS ELIGIBLE FOR RETURN POLICY
- For all other orders that do not fall into the categories above if you aren't satisfied with your purchase or it does not fit in your space, you must let us know within 5 business days of receiving your item to intiate a return. All return or exchange requests filed after 5 days will not be approved (rugs have 30 days). Customer is always responsible for all return shipping arrangements and costs of getting your purchase back to the warehouse safely and in new condition. Our suppliers require that items still be in their original packaging and box or they will not be accepted. Light fixtures are not returnable or exchangable if they have been installed. In the case of return-eligible furniture returns customers are responsible for the return shipping back to the warehouse as well as the shipping costs to from the warehouse to their location (that were unpaid at the time of purchase in the case of "free shipping" promotion)**.
- **If you we receive a return of furniture item that was sent to you included a free shipping promotion, the refund you receive will be for the item price minus our standard shipping cost from our warehouse to your home which is currently 15%. Customers should pay return carriers the return shipping costs back to the warehouse directly. The refund amount will be total minus the 15% fee for free shipping to the customer. The customer would pay the shipping back to the warehouse in addition but directly to the shipping company.
- All returned Items require a return authorization number "RAN" so they are correctly processed to the correct origin warehouse. Items returned without an RAN number will not be accepted. Please keep in mind furniture shipping costs can be very substantial so always call us with questions before ordering.
- RUG RETURNS
- We have created a special return policy for Charlotte and Ivy rug orders to allow customers more time. If the rug you ordered does not meet your expectations, you may return it to the warehouse for a refund within 30 days of receipt. We do charge the standard 15% re-stocking fee on rugs and customer is always responsible for the return shipping expense regardless of return reason. Please leave time for obtaining an RAN and transit time. Simply contact us and ask for a RAN number so the rug is sent to the correct location and processed. Once your rug arrives at our warehouse in it's original packaging, we will issue a refundless the 15% restocking fee. If you are rug shopping for large sizes we recommend buying smaller sizes (2x3s and 3x5s) as samples and returning those first since the return shipping expense will be smaller if you are unsure about color shades. In particular, white/cream color shades in natural fibers like wools can vary greatly since wool is not a bleach-able fabric and will be different shades of creamyness. Our designers have a good knowledge of our rugs and are always happy to help you in advance of your purchase too.
REFUNDSRefunds will be credited back after the item has been shipped back to the manufacturer's warehouse and has been fully inspected. We will let you know when we have credited your account. Bear in mind it may take several days for your financial institution to post the funds to your account. Soiled/used items or items not in their original box or packaging will be refused by us our suppliers and returned to you at your expense.
- FREIGHT DAMAGE OR DEFECT SITUATIONS
Please take time to inspect your lighting fixtures, mirrors, artwork and furniture carefully for any damage that may have occurred in transit. Claims against damaged or defective products must be made within 48 hours of arrival. Merchandise is thoroughly inspected before leaving the manufacturer's warehouse and although very rare sometimes damage can occur in transit. Please make sure to follow all the steps below.
Note: all damage and defect claims and pictures must be received by us within 48 hours of arrival. No exceptions. Please keep this in mind if you are having a third party receive your items on your behalf or will not be using an item for a period of time that you inspect immmediately. Claims will not be honored after 48 business hours.
Required Process for careful freight or defect claims:
- You must be present to receive, inspect and sign for your delivery. If you have a proxy signing for your item plase make sure they understand how to receive shipments and will inspect thoroughly. Our time frame is enforced by the shippers so we can not make exceptions. Items must also be at orginal delivery location.
- It is important to be detailed and descriptive on the packing slip before you sign for and accept your items. A signature indicates acceptance; if you simply sign the delivery slip without inspecting the box or it's contents, then you are officially accepting the shipment “as is.” and that you agree the freight carrier did not damage the contents. All US freight companies require a notation on the delivery slip and we are unable to assist you with a claim to the shipper on your behalf unless you notate "box dented" or specific damages at the time of delivery. If you are concerned about accepting freight please call our customer service and we can help you learn how to best protect your rights with freight carriers.
- If you upgraded your shipping to Premier white glove delivery and you are able to inspect the items while the freight company or courier is still there, call us immediately. If you are not able to get in contact with us for any reason, you may either refuse the delivery or note the damages and condition of the packing materials on the bill of lading before signing for the delivery. Please remember to keep all packing supplies if you keep the shipment.
- If your order includes Standard Delivery and you are not able to inspect the items completely before the delivery driver leaves please note: "item not inspected at delivery, possible damage” on the waybill. You still must notify us within 48 hours. Notices after 48 hours will violate our manufacturers requirements and will make it impossible for us to file a claim.
- Next, take and email us digital snapshots of the damages and packaging and of the overall item. All the manufacturers we work with require clear images of damages for processing claims. This is also true of claims for manufacturer defects and we require manufacturer to be involved in these as well to verify the item is truly defective.
- If the damage is minor, you may accept delivery with the damage noted on the bill of lading. Depending on the situation, either a touch up kit will be sent to you or a professional will be arranged to repair the damage. If you choose to accept a damaged item, please retain all packaging to assist us in processing the claim with the freight company. If the damage is major, you may refuse the delivery.
Again, freight damage and defective issues are rare but taking the proper steps in receiving furniture will protect your investment. We choose our carriers very carefully for their track records. Feel free to call one our design consultants if you have any concerns and we are happy to answer questions or guide you through the process. Please understand prompt attention in these matters is essential.
- Furniture Care
- Many of our custom made furnishings are made from wood, a natural living and breathing product. Nature is unique and never duplicates, making no two pieces of wood, even from the same tree, exactly alike. Because wood responds to fluctuations in humidity levels (just like hardwood flooring), furniture can expand and contract over time depending on the climate. Please note that the degree of humidity or dryness in your home may cause splitting which will not affect the structural integrity of the piece and is not to be considered defective. All wood pieces from our artisans have been made with kiln dried woods. Certain types of wood will have more visible knots and wood grain. Our artisans make every effort to conceal knots and grain on painted finishes, but due to natural resins within some wood types (I.e. pine), they cannot completely eliminate them or guarantee to control them. Over time, knots and grain may bleed through and slightly discolor the finish (this may be more apparent on light color finishes). This discoloration is not to be considered a defect in craftsmanship. Irregularities in the finishes are not to be considered defects. While finishes are durable, they are not indestructible. Furniture made with natural hand caning can be harmed especially in very dry homes low humidity in winter heating systems. We recommend applying linseed oil to maintain your beautiful cane's needed moisture so it remains strong. Please contact us for additional tips for care and maintenance of your wood and cane furniture.
- All natural wood, stone and marble products vary and no pieces will be the same. Variations in wood grains and veining and look should be expected and are not considered defects.
- Color note: Because every computer monitor & every web browser displays colors differently, we cannot be responsible for variations between the actual product color and how it is displayed on your screen.
- WARRANTY: Note: when available certain products may be covered by limited manufacturer warranties only and not by Charlotte & Ivy LLC. Because the details and duration of our manufacturers' warranties differ from 0-12 months and vary on their coverage we encourage you to ask one of our design consultants for specific warranty information on products of interest. Bear in mind, furniture manufacturers typically only warranty damage that shows wrongful manufacturing and not general wear and tear, damage from mis-use, commercial or rental use or the result of improper storage in the case of dryness home humidity issues.
- Currently, we accept all major credit cards as well as payments and e-check payments made through PayPal. Please call us if you need assistance.
- We try to keep pricing up to date at all times as our vendors and artisans change their pricing often. If, however, we find that a pricing error or mistake has been made in our website system or online we will contact you before we process your order with the correct information so you can decide.
- PRICE MATCH POLICY
- Charlotte & Ivy wants to win your business. We will match total pricing of all competitors and reduce the sale price by an additional 10% of the price difference. This offer is not valid for promotional merchandise must be new, non-auction, first quality, in stock and an exact match to what is carried on our website. Please be aware that shipping costs from our competitor must be factored in when comparing prices and levels Please email us within 48 hours of placing your order and include the website link for the item in question.
- Privacy & Security
- Please see our detailed privacy statement. We are fully committed to protecting our customer's privacy.