- Shipping & Delivery
- Return Policy
- Other Terms and Conditions Information
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Privacy & Security
- Shipping & Delivery
- We work hard to find the most affordable and safe ways to ship to our customers. Shipping varies by the item size. For smaller items Charlotte & Ivy uses common carriers such as Fedex and UPS to deliver to customers. This depends on the item size and customer location.
- STANDARD SHIPPING RATES
- When free shipping option is not available we currently have a 12% shipping rate for all purchases in our catalog. Sometimes promotional free shipping is offered on certain catalog items. Please note: Large freight may incur additional truck surcharges: please see the item description. Additionally, add-on services for WHITE GLOVE delivery or see below for Canadian or non-continental US orders.
- If you have an extra-large furniture order please contact us about researching possible shipping discounts.
- FREE SHIPPING
- We run promotions for free shipping on Charlotte and Ivy items. Note: Customers are responsible for paying any return shipping costs of the item back to the warehouse. Large furniture items that are being offered promotional free shipping offer are for curbside or threshold delivery. If any customer wishes to have the furniture brought into the home, up stairs, assembled and packaging removed there is a white glove surcharge. For an additional charge shippers can unpack and bring your item to the room of your choice. In some cases they can also assembly services. These "white-glove" services is available for an extra shipping surcharge of usually $75-$195 per item depending on size, manufacturer, and services required. Charlotte & Ivy highly recommends adding white glove delivery services for chests, beds and bulky or heavy items. Contact us before or after ordering to arrange premier delivery.
- FREIGHT SHIPMENTS
- Many pieces of large furniture ship directly from the manufacturer by common carrier freight companies. Most freight shipments will arrive curbside, in some cases we provide "threshold delivery" which is delivered directly to the inside of your doorway. Threshold delivery will be noted in the item description. Curbside and threshold deliveries do not include unpackaging, placement or assembly. If you wish to add on additional delivery services or direct placement in your home please contact us or add white glove directly here.
- FREIGHT DELIVERY APPOINTMENTS AND MISSED APPOINTMENT
- If a furniture freight carrier is used to ship your item, the carrier will contact you to schedule a delivery time. Deliveries are scheduled within a four-hour window, typically Monday through Friday during normal business hours. If you are unable to meet the delivery driver at your scheduled appointment time, please call in advance to reschedule your delivery. Failure to meet the driver during your scheduled delivery window will result in an additional $75 charge that is charged by the carrier.
- Note: Some of our carriers are now using email and online booking for making appointments.
- LOCATION EXCEPTIONS
- Freight shipments to Canada HI, AK, and PR and certain islands will incur additional shipping surcharges based on item size and do not qualify for free shipping. However, we work hard to get good rates for our customers. Please contact us for surcharge information. Customers from Canada are responsible for any taxes or duties the Canadian government may impose on the goods.
- SHIPPING TIME
- Our handling times vary by product. Each item is carefully packed. Our handling times vary between 1 to 2 weeks for in-stock items to 6-12 weeks for custom furniture. We are working to add more individual information on the product detail page as each item. If it is not there and timing is an issue please always feel free email or call us. Occasionally, items are backordered or scheduled incoming stock gets delayed. If this is the case, we will contact you to let you know so you can decide. In these cases we usually take a deposit while item is in production.
- Smaller items that can ship via Common carrier (FedEx and UPS) or non-freight shipments please allow an additional 2-10 business days after shipping depending on your proximity to our various warehouse locations.
- Large LTL Freight shipment for furniture and larger items also varies by customer location. Please allow approx 2-3 weeks in transit for your large freight shipment in addition to the handling time that is noted in each product description. Shipping times vary and can increase during holiday periods or during May and November after Furniture markets when furniture volume increases. Cross country (California) freight time can be approx 2-4 weeks. Charlotte & Ivy trys to keep customers in contact with the carrier and we choose our carriers for their track records for service and care of your purchases above everything . Please note that our freight shippers are contractors and are not Charlotte & Ivy employees. If you purchased or would like extra help at delivery please add our white glove delivery option.
- If you have any questions or concerns about our shipping policies, please feel free to call us and speak with a design consultant prior to delivery.
- LARGE ORDERS
- If you are purchasing a large and multiple pieces of furniture (over $5,000) we may be able to negotiate a better rate for shipping and pass on savings to you. Please contact us directly and we can try to work with you.
- INTERNATIONAL AND OUTSIDE 48 STATES
- Canadian, international and non-continental US orders do not qualify for free shipping and incur additional fees depending on item size. These surcharges are not refundable. If you are outside of the US we may be unable to arrange shipping for larger items. However, we are happy to ship to the international forwarder in the continental United States of your choice. Customer is always resposible for any international taxes and duties collected on your purchase by the government. Sorry, all International and non-continental US shipments are not returnable.
- Orders placed online will be processed in the order they come in. We will ascertain shipping lead times for freight items and contact you if there are concerns. In the case a products is on back-order we will keep you informed with shipping updates.
If you need to cancel an order please call or email immediately. We are not able process cancellations once the warehouse has begun the shipping and packing process has begun. These items will instead need to be returned.
- Our Return Policy
- Return policy varies by item for all items shipped within the continental United States. Rugs and custom orders and freight damage please see below.
- SPECIAL 30-DAY RUG RETURN POLICY
- We have created a special return policy for Charlotte and Ivy rug orders to allow customers more time. If the rug you ordered does not meet your expectations, you may return it to the warehouse for a full refund within 30 days of receipt with a return authorization number. Please leave time for obtaining an RAN and getting back to the warehouse. We do not have re-stocking fees on rugs. Customer is only responsible for the return shipping expense. Simply contact us with your return information. Once your rug arrives at our distribution center in original packaging, we will issue a refund of your full purchase price. Please allow a few days for the funds to be posted to your account. If you are rug shopping we recommend buying smaller sizes (3x5) and returning them since the return shipping expense will be small if you are unsure about color shades. Be sure to get a the required return authorization number "RAN" so the rug is sent to the correct location and processed.
ITEMS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RETURNS
- All of our custom finished, special order collection, and some of the extremely large or fragile furniture in our catalog are not eligible for returns. We do not accept returns for mirrored, partial glass or marble furniture and some very large items like sofas. Additionally orders shipped outside the 48 states are not returnable. Please read item descriptions to see if your purchase is in this category or labeled "special order" or custom.
- Charlotte & Ivy proudly offers a number of made-to-order custom furnishings and products. Custom orders include but are not limited to: custom pillows, customized upholstery, custom finished sized or colored beds, tables, desk and other case-goods where the color or finish has customized for each customer. These items require payment in full and cannot be returned or exchanged. Since custom items can not be returned we encourage you to contact our design consultants about colors, swatches and options prior to ordering. We love helping people create their dream pieces. Items that are "custom" are described as such in the product descriptions.
ITEMS ELIGIBLE FOR RETURN POLICY
- For all other orders if you aren't satisfied with your purchase, you must let us know within 5 business days of receiving your item, (Note above exceptions for rugs, excessively large or fragile, non 48 states and custom goods). All return requests filed after 5 days will not be approved (rugs have 30 days). Customer is responsible for all return shipping costs of your item and getting it back to the warehouse safely in new condition and in it's original packaging and box. Shipping costs that were unpaid at the time of purchase (in the case of "free shipping" promotion)**.
- **If you we receive a return an non-rug item that was sent to you included a free shipping promotion, the refund you receive will be for the item price minus our standard shipping cost from our warehouse to you which is currently 12%.
- All returned Items require a return authorization number "RAN" so they are correctly processed to the correct warehouse. Items returned without an RAN number.
REFUND PROCESSRefunds will be credited back after the item has been shipped back to the manufacturer's warehouse and has been fully inspected. We will let you know when we have credited your account, but it may take several days for the funds to post to your account. Soiled/used items or items not in their original box or packaging will be refused and returned to you at your expense.
- FREIGHT DAMAGE SITUATIONS
Please take time to inspect your lighting fixtures, mirrors, artwork and furniture carefully for any damage that may have occurred in transit. Claims against damaged or defective products must be made within 48 hours of arrival. Merchandise is inspected before leaving the manufacturer's warehouse and although very rare sometimes damage can occur in transit.
Note: all damage claims and pictures must be received by us within 48 hours of arrival. No exceptions
Process for careful freight claims:
- You must be present to receive, inspect and sign for your delivery.
- It is important to be detailed and descriptive on the packing slip before you sign for your items. A signature indicates acceptance; if you simply sign the delivery slip without inspecting the box or its contents, then you are officially accepting the shipment “as is.” and that you agree the frieght carrier did not hurt the contents. All US freight companies require this and we are unable to assist you with a claim to the shipper on your behalf unless you notate "box dented" or specific damages at the time of delivery. If you are concerned about accepting freight please call our customer service and we can help you learn how to best protect your rights with freight carriers.
- If you upgraded your shipping to Premier white glove delivery and you are able to inspect the items while the freight company is still there, call us immediately. If you are not able to get in contact with us for any reason, you may either refuse the delivery or note the damages and condition of the packing materials on the bill of lading before signing for the delivery.
- If your order includes Standard Delivery and you are not able to inspect the items completely before the delivery driver leaves please note "item not inspected at delivery” on the waybill. You must notify us within 48 hours.
- Take digital snapshots of the damages and packaging. All the manufacturers we work with require clear images of damages for processing claims.
- If the damage is minor, you may accept delivery with the damage noted on the bill of lading. Depending on the situation, either a touch up kit will be sent to you or a professional will be arranged to repair the damage. If you choose to accept a damaged item, please retain all packaging to assist us in processing the claim with the freight company.
- If the damage is major, you may refuse the delivery. Please note: All freight companies reserve the right to have any damaged piece repaired and brought back to the manufacturer for a repair/rebuild at their expense. If the freight carrier determines the piece cannot be repaired, you have the right to be reimbursed for your purchase or to receive a replacement.
Again, freight damage is rare but taking the proper steps in receiving furniture will protect your investment. Feel free to call one our design consultants if you have any concerns and we are happy to answer questions.
- Viewing Order Information
- Log on to your account to view orders and to obtain order updates from us. Please measure twice to make sure your furniture will fit well in your space and be able to get up any staircases or tight doorways. If you have any concerns or questions about particular products please contact us.
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Currently, we accept all major credit cards as well as payments and e-check payments made through PayPal. Please call us if you need assistance.
- We try to keep pricing up to date at all times. If, however, we find that a mistake has been made in our system we will contact you immediately before we process your order.
- PRICE MATCH POLICY
- Charlotte & Ivy wants to win your business. We will match total pricing of all competitors and reduce the sale price by an additional 10% of the price difference. This offer is not valid for promotional coupon pricing, shipping, or for orders made in the past. Please email us within 48 hours of your order and include the website link for the item in question.
- The item must match an exact Charlotte & Ivy product and be available for purchase. We do not accept pricing from auction websites or unauthorized re-sellers.
- Privacy & Security
- Please see our privacy statement. We are fully committed to protecting our customer's privacy.