- Shipping & Delivery
- Ordering and Backorders
- Return Policy
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Privacy & Security
- Shipping & Delivery
- FREE SHIPPING PROMOTION
- We run promotions for free shipping on Charlotte and Ivy items for customers in the 48 states. Note: Customers are always responsible for paying any return shipping costs of the item back to the warehouse. Large furniture items that are being offered promotional free shipping offer are for curbside or threshold delivery. If any customer wishes to have the furniture brought into their home, up stairs, assembled and packaging removed there is a white glove surcharge. For an additional charge shippers can unpack and bring your item to the room of your choice. In some cases they can also assembly services. These "white-glove" services is available for an extra shipping surcharge of usually $75-$195 per item depending on size, manufacturer, and services required.
- Charlotte & Ivy highly recommends adding white glove delivery services for chests, beds and bulky or heavy items.
STANDARD SHIPPING RATES
- When free shipping option is not available we currently have a 15% shipping rate for all purchases in our catalog for the main 48 states. Sometimes promotional free shipping is offered on certain catalog items. Please note: Large freight may incur additional truck surcharges: please see the item description. Additionally, add-on services for WHITE GLOVE delivery or see below for Canadian or non-continental US orders. If you have an extra-large furniture order please contact us about researching possible discounts.
- FREIGHT SHIPMENTS
- Many pieces of large furniture ship directly from the manufacturer by common carrier freight companies. Most free shipped basic freight shipments will arrive to your home curbside only. In rare cases we provide "threshold delivery" which is delivered directly to the inside of your doorway. Curbside and threshold deliveries do not include unpackaging, placement or assembly. If you wish to add on additional delivery services or direct placement in your home please contact us or add white glove directly here to your shopping cart.
- HANDLING, PRODUCTION and PACKING TIME
- Our handling times vary by product. When we get your order we make sure our warehouses carefully pacs and prepare your item for shipment. We work with many small artisans who produce specialty products. Most handling times vary between 4 days to 2 weeks for in-stock items to 6-14 weeks for the production and painting of custom furniture. We are working to add more individual information on the product detail page as each item. If it is not there always email us for more information. In the event of backordered stock see below.
- SHIPPING TRANSIT TIME
- Once your item is ready it will be shipped with the best carrier for the item and your location. Smaller products like rugs and lamps ship via Common carriers such as FedEx and UPS (or non-freight shipments). For these shipments please allow an additional 2-8 business days after shipping depending on your proximity to our various warehouse locations.
- Larger shipments ship via LTL freight carriers and blanket wrap carriers. This varies by customer location and the type of furniture. Typically, please allow approx 2-3 weeks of transit time once your large furniture has been picked up for your large freight shipment to arrive. This estimate is in addition to the handling time before pickup that is noted in each product description. Shipping times vary greatly and can increase during holiday periods or during May and November after Furniture markets when furniture volume increases. Furniture traveling cross country or to less routed locations (Example: East coast to and from Seatle) please note that the expected freight time can be longer (approx 3-4 weeks on average). Additionally, many custom and fine furniture pieces must be shipped with a blanket wrapped carrier to ensure their safe travel. All estimates are approximate. Blanket-wrap-only carriers also can have longer transit times than above.
- Charlotte & Ivy is very serious about smart furniture shipping, not fast shipping. We know it's hard to wait for your beautiful pieces. Charlotte & Ivy tries to keep customers in contact with the delivery carrier directly so you can contact them. Some carriers have online tracking information too. We carefully vet and choose our freight carriers for their track records for delivery service and care of your purchases above everything. Please note that our freight shippers are contractors and are not Charlotte & Ivy employees. If you would like extra help at delivery please add our white glove delivery option.
- If you have any questions or concerns about our shipping policies, please feel free to email or call us and speak with a design consultant prior to delivery. We love to help customers!
- FREIGHT DELIVERY APPOINTMENTS AND MISSED APPOINTMENT
- If a furniture freight carrier is used to ship your item, the carrier will contact you to schedule a delivery time. Deliveries are scheduled within a four-hour window, typically Monday through Friday during normal business hours. If you are unable to meet the delivery driver at your scheduled appointment time, call in advance to reschedule your delivery. Failure to meet the driver during your scheduled delivery window will result in a charge by the carrier of $50-$75.
- LOCATION EXCEPTIONS
- All shipments to Canada HI, AK, and PR and most island locations do not qualify for free shipping promotions and will incur additional shipping surcharges based on item size. We do work hard to find good rates for our customers. Please email us with items you plan to purchase and the zip code before ordering for this surcharge information. Customers from Canada are additionally responsible for all and any taxes or duties the Canadian government may impose on the goods in addition to any freight costs we pay.
- INTERNATIONAL AND OUTSIDE 48 STATES
- Canadian, non-continental US orders do not qualify for free shipping and are billed to customer at actual cost. These surcharges are not refundable. If you are outside of the US we may be unable to arrange shipping for larger freight items. However, we are happy to ship to tany international forwarder in the continental United States of your choice. Customer is always responsible for any international taxes and duties collected on your purchase by the government. Sorry, all international and non-continental US shipments are not returnable.
- Ordering with Charlotte & Ivy
- Orders placed online will be processed in the order they come in. We will contact you if there are any concerns. If you need to cancel an order please call or email immediately. We are not able process cancellations once the warehouse has begun the shipping and packing process has begun. These items will instead need to be returned.
Occasionally, Charlotte & Ivy products are so popular or new they are backordered. If you order a product that is not in stock our artisans will give us an expected delivery time to the warehouse. These dates can vary depending on each item. We will contact you with the expected delivery date and you can decide if you would like to keep your order. Charlotte & Ivy will deduct a deposit while your item is in production. In some situations the expected backorder delivery dates we receive from our artisans can change again. We know this issue can be frustrating for everyone! Sadly, most of the time Charlotte & Ivy has no control of these situations. However, we try to monitor incoming stock dates for customer backorders. If we discover an added delay on a backordered product, we will contact you to let you know so you can once again decide top keep or cancel your order.
- Charlotte & Ivy's Return Policy
- Our return policy varies by item for all items shipped within the continental United States. Rugs, custom orders, very large or glass and freight damage please see below. Many items are not returnable so please take the time to read through the applicable return section or email us if you need help.
- SPECIAL 30-DAY RUG RETURN POLICY
- We have created a special return policy for Charlotte and Ivy rug orders to allow customers more time. If the rug you ordered does not meet your expectations, you may return it to the warehouse for a full refund within 30 days of receipt. We do not have any additional re-stocking fees on rugs but customer is always responsible for the return shipping expense. Please leave time for obtaining an RAN and transit time. Simply contact us and ask for a RAN number so the rug is sent to the correct location and processed. Once your rug arrives at our warehouse in it's original packaging, we will issue a refund of your full purchase price.
- If you are rug shopping we recommend buying smaller sizes (2x3s and 3x5s) as samples and returning those first since the return shipping expense will be smaller if you are unsure about color shades. In particular, white color shades in natural fibers like wools can vary greatly since wool is not a bleach-able fabric. Our designers have a good knowledge of our rugs and are always happy to help you in advance of your purchase too.
ITEMS THAT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RETURN
- All of our products described as "custom finished", "special order collection" are not eligible for return. Additionally, very large or fragile furniture in our catalog are not eligible for return. We do not accept returns for mirrored, partial glass or marble furniture and very large frieght items including sofas, large dining tables or shipments weighing more than 150lbs. The return logistics of these pieces is both complex and very risky so we do not allow returns. If you do not know that your item falls into this ineligable category please call us before ordering.
- Charlotte & Ivy proudly offers a number of made-to-order custom furnishings and products. Custom orders include but are not limited to: custom pillows, customized upholstery, custom finished sized or colored beds, tables, desk and other case-goods where the color or finish has customized for each customer. These items cannot be returned or exchanged. Since custom items can not be returned we encourage you to contact our design consultants about colors, swatches and options prior to ordering. We love helping people create their dream pieces. Items that are "custom" are described as such in the product descriptions. Please read item descriptions to see if your purchase is in this category or labeled "special order" or "custom order".
- Our special order collection includes some non-custom furniture we source from artisans where returns are not permitted by our suppliers. If you are confused about return eligibility of the product you are interested in please contact us prior to ordering.
- Lastly, any purchase that was delivered outside the 48 states it is not returnable.
ITEMS ELIGIBLE FOR RETURN POLICY
- For all other orders that do not fall into the categories above if you aren't satisfied with your purchase, you must let us know within 5 business days of receiving your item. All return or exchange requests filed after 5 days will not be approved (rugs have 30 days). Customer is always responsible for all return shipping arrangements and costs of getting your purchase back to the warehouse safely and in new condition. Our suppliers require that items still be in their original packaging and box or they will not be accepted. In the case of return-eligible furniture returns customers are responsible for the return shipping back to the warehouse as well as the shipping costs to from the warehouse to them (that were unpaid at the time of purchase in the case of "free shipping" promotion)**.
- **If you we receive a return of furniture item that was sent to you included a free shipping promotion, the refund you receive will be for the item price minus our standard shipping cost from our warehouse to your home which is currently 12%. Customers should pay return carriers the return shipping costs back to the warehouse directly. The refund amount will be total minus the 12% restocking fee for free shipping to you.
- All returned Items require a return authorization number "RAN" so they are correctly processed to the correct warehouse. Items returned without an RAN number will not be accepted. Please keep in mind furniture shipping costs can be substantial.
REFUNDSRefunds will be credited back after the item has been shipped back to the manufacturer's warehouse and has been fully inspected. We will let you know when we have credited your account. Bear in mind it may take several days for your financial institution to post the funds to your account. Soiled/used items or items not in their original box or packaging will be refused by us our suppliers and returned to you at your expense.
- FREIGHT DAMAGE OR DEFECT SITUATIONS
Please take time to inspect your lighting fixtures, mirrors, artwork and furniture carefully for any damage that may have occurred in transit. Claims against damaged or defective products must be made within 48 hours of arrival. Merchandise is thoroughly inspected before leaving the manufacturer's warehouse and although very rare sometimes damage can occur in transit. Please make sure to follow all the steps below.
Note: all damage and defect claims and pictures must be received by us within 48 hours of arrival. No exceptions
Required Process for careful freight or defect claims:
- You must be present to receive, inspect and sign for your delivery.
- It is important to be detailed and descriptive on the packing slip before you sign for your items. A signature indicates acceptance; if you simply sign the delivery slip without inspecting the box or it's contents, then you are officially accepting the shipment “as is.” and that you agree the freight carrier did not damage the contents. All US freight companies require a notation on the delivery slip and we are unable to assist you with a claim to the shipper on your behalf unless you notate "box dented" or specific damages at the time of delivery. If you are concerned about accepting freight please call our customer service and we can help you learn how to best protect your rights with freight carriers.
- If you upgraded your shipping to Premier white glove delivery and you are able to inspect the items while the freight company or courier is still there, call us immediately. If you are not able to get in contact with us for any reason, you may either refuse the delivery or note the damages and condition of the packing materials on the bill of lading before signing for the delivery. Please remember to keep all packing supplies if you keep the shipment.
- If your order includes Standard Delivery and you are not able to inspect the items completely before the delivery driver leaves please note: "item not inspected at delivery, possible damage” on the waybill. You still must notify us within 48 hours. Notices after 48 hours will violate our manufacturers requirements and will make it impossible for us to file a claim.
- Next, take and email us digital snapshots of the damages and packaging and of the overall item. All the manufacturers we work with require clear images of damages for processing claims. This is also true of claims for manufacturer defects and we require manufacturer to be involved in these as well to verify defect.
- If the damage is minor, you may accept delivery with the damage noted on the bill of lading. Depending on the situation, either a touch up kit will be sent to you or a professional will be arranged to repair the damage. If you choose to accept a damaged item, please retain all packaging to assist us in processing the claim with the freight company. If the damage is major, you may refuse the delivery.
Again, freight damage and defective issues are rare but taking the proper steps in receiving furniture will protect your investment. We choose our carriers very carefully for their track records. Feel free to call one our design consultants if you have any concerns and we are happy to answer questions or guide you through the process. Please understand prompt attention in these matters is essential.
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Currently, we accept all major credit cards as well as payments and e-check payments made through PayPal. Please call us if you need assistance.
- We try to keep pricing up to date at all times as our vendors and artisans change their pricing often. If, however, we find that a pricing error or mistake has been made in our system or online we will contact you before we process your order.
- PRICE MATCH POLICY
- Charlotte & Ivy wants to win your business. We will match total pricing of all competitors and reduce the sale price by an additional 10% of the price difference. This offer is not valid for promotional merchandise must be new, non-auction, first quality, in stock and an exact match to what is carried on our website. Please be aware that shipping costs from our competitor must be factored in when comparing prices and levels Please email us within 48 hours of placing your order and include the website link for the item in question.
- Privacy & Security
- Please see our privacy statement. We are fully committed to protecting our customer's privacy.